Monday, September 14, 2015

K-3 Newsletter  
               Mrs. MacIntyre
Dear Families,
September 11,2015

I hope your child is enjoying their first week of kindergarten. I am sure they are coming home tired, I know I am. It has been especially warm this week, so thank you in advance for sending in the water bottles. Hopefully, next week it will be cooler. The students took a tour of the school, made class rules and spent a lot of time getting to know one another and getting to know me! I think we are going to have a wonderful year together and I am looking forward to getting to know your child.
Next week we will begin with our first letter of the week, which is”Ff”. We teach our letters in accordance with our “Handwriting without Tears” program. It follows the way letters are formed rather than in alphabetical order.
Your child has already begun our Writer’s Workshop program and it coincides with our Being a Writer Program. Basically after I read your child will draw and begin to write a response to what I have read. In the beginning of the year, we may just be writing one letter to describe their picture but by the end of the year you will be amazed at what they can do!
The students are doing a great job following the schedule and becoming independent with their snacks. If your child is buying hot lunch and you think they may not remember you can just write a quick note in the blue book and I will be sure to see it and remind them. If they buy lunch everyday you do not need to worry about it.
I will be sending home the beach towels today to be washed. Remember to send them back on Monday. Your child is welcome to bring a stuffed animal and/or a favorite book or two to look at during rest time if they like. It only last about 25 minutes and it is a great way for them to recharge their batteries, no sleeping required!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. I know this is a big milestone for you and your child. I think we are off to a great start!
Have a wonderful weekend,

Sincerely,

Mrs. MacIntyre

Wish List
Our classroom is in need of

Lysol Wipes to keep us clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment