Friday, January 8, 2016

K-3 Newsletter
                     Mrs. MacIntyre
Happy 2016!!
January 8,2016

Dear Families,
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday vacation with your families. It was certainly a warm one. I was so excited to come back yesterday to see the class! Unfortunately, I broke a rib on Christmas day and was still healing when school started back up. I am feeling much better now!!! I also took my son, who is in college, to New York, where he boarded a plane to Australia where he will be studying for the next 4 months!!  I showed the class where he is on our class globe. Believe me when I tell you it seems like he was just in kindergarten.
The students were so kind to me when I came back, they really made me feel great! I am so lucky to have such an amazing group of students.
Our letter of the week was “Xx”. Our tongue twister was, “Xavier puts x’s on the x-ray.” We are beginning our author study of Jan Brett this month. Today we read The Three Snow Bears. It has many similarities to a famous children’s story which your child should be able to tell you.
In math, we continue to work on addition and number correspondence for numbers up to 20.
In Writer’s Workshop, the students are listening to informational text and writing about what they learned from specific books. We are really focusing on using upper and lowercase letters, spaces and punctuation. I am also asking the class to write their first and last names on their papers now that we are in a new year.
I will be sending home a permission slip for an upcoming field trip to the Bristol Audubon Society. We will be going at the end of January.
I am in need of Lysol wipes and shoe boxes for the classroom. If you have a nice sturdy shoebox (any size) would you please send one in?
Now that the weather is getting colder, please remember to label your child's’ hat and mittens if possible.
Thank you in advance.
I wish you all a healthy and happy 2016!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Sincerely,

Mrs. MacIntyre

No comments:

Post a Comment