Monday, May 15, 2017

                                  K-3 Newsletter
                                  Mrs. MacIntyre

Dear Families,
May 12, 2017

Happy Friday!
All is good here in K-3. We have exciting news to share, we welcome a new student. Piper Smith has moved here from North Carolina. K-3 has been very welcoming to her and we are glad she is here.
In Writer’s Workshop, the students are using graphic organizers to write and support their opinions about specific topics. Can you believe it? They are doing an amazing job. I can’t wait for you to see them. They will come home in their May Writing Folders.
In Math, we are focusing on subtraction. If you practice this at home, when your child has finished a subtraction problem, either with pictures, manipulatives or words, have them read the equation back to you. This reinforces math vocabulary.
In Science, we compared Redworms and Nightcrawlers. I have to say, the students were much more excited to hold them than I was. We also went on a worm hunt and found many worms in moist soil. We learned how to compost and the importance of it for our earth.
Thank you to Mrs. Palumbo who provided all of the materials for your Mother’s Day gift. We started in back in April and I appreciate all of her time and effort that allowed them to make such a beautiful gift.
I wish you all a very, very Happy Mother’s Day!
I will be out on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week because I will be at my son’s college graduation in Connecticut!!  We are very excited! Believe me it goes faster than you can imagine.
Have a wonderful weekend!~

Mrs. MacIntyre

No comments:

Post a Comment