Thursday, September 7, 2017

               K-3 Newsletter  
               Mrs. MacIntyre
Dear Families,
September 8,2017

I hope your child is enjoying their first week of kindergarten. I am sure they are coming home tired, I know I am! It is a long day for a kindergartener but they seem to be holding up fine and enjoying this time getting to know one another and making new friends. The students took a tour of the school, made class rules and spent a lot of time getting to know one another and getting to know me! I think we are going to have a wonderful year together.
Next week we will slowly integrate a little more academics. The added structure and repetition of a schedule can actually make the day easier and more relaxing for your child as they know what to expect on a day to day basis.
I will be sending home the beach towels today to be washed. Remember to send them back on Monday. Your child is welcome to bring a stuffed animal and/or a favorite book or two to look at during rest time if they like. It only last about 20 minutes and it is a great way for them to recharge their batteries, no sleeping required!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. I know this is a big milestone for you and your child. I think we are off to a great start!
You can also access my blog my going on the Jamestown school website, click on kindergarten then click Mrs. MacIntyre. I will try to upload some pictures soon!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Sincerely,

Mrs. MacIntyre

No comments:

Post a Comment