Friday, September 2, 2016

Dear Families,
September 2016

Welcome to K-3 and welcome to Melrose School Jamestown. I am very excited to start this new year with you and share this milestone year in your child’s life. We will be spending the first couple of weeks of school getting to know each other and learning about our new school environment.
This is my 10th year teaching kindergarten here at Melrose School and I love what I do. Every year I meet new students and their families and have an impact on how they learn and grow both academically and socially. It amazes me every year how much they grow by June. It may seem like a lot for you and your child at the beginning of the year but we will take one day at a time together and I am here to answer any questions you may have along the way. I encourage you to enjoy weeks and months of kindergarten as much as you can because they are sure to fly by.
In your child’s folder you will find a  blue communication book.This book should stay in your child’s folder and come back to school with them each day. In the book you can write me of any schedule, dismissal or information I may need to know that day. I am also available by e-mail at macintyre.colleen@jamestownschools.org.
Please feel free to contact me anytime. I have a blog on the Jamestown School website. You can click on kindergarten then Mrs. MacIntyre. I will upload newsletters and pictures throughout the year. Your child should bring a beach towel, book and ONE small stuffed animal in a reusable shopping bag for rest time.This comes with them on Monday and is returned on Friday to be washed over the weekend. Be sure to send it back each week. Please do not send blankets or pillows, thank you in advance.
We will eat an AM snack and a PM snack. Whatever works for you and your family in the way that you send them in is fine with me. Many parents label separate bags AM or PM and keep them separate from the lunch box especially in the beginning of the year. You can also send in a refillable water bottle or separate juice boxes. If you have any questions let me know. Hot lunch cost $2.25 and milk is 50cents. You can set up an account for your child or you can send money in with them. Many parents prefer depositing money into their account on- line.
I am looking forward to a wonderful year with the students and I am excited to begin.
Sincerely,

Mrs. MacIntyre

No comments:

Post a Comment