Thursday, September 15, 2016

K-3 Newsletter
                        Mrs. MacIntyre

September 9, 2016
Dear families,

I am excited that we made it through our first week of school! I know it is a lot to get used to and I wonder if your children are coming home exhausted? It has been very warm and rainy all week, I am hoping next week brings sunny, cooler weather for us.
Next week we will begin a little bit more of a regular schedule
The students will begin to get used to the daily schedule and the consistency of it.
There are certain things we do everyday. We have morning meeting, which involves calendar, weather, counting, phonics, reading,science and speaking and listening skills all together. It is probably one of the best and most informal learning environments of the day! The students love it. We also have read alouds, writer’s workshop and math everyday. These blocks of learning increase in time as the children are able.

I will be sending home your child’s rest bag today. Please remember to return it on Monday. Inside the bag there should be a beach towel, a couple of books and a small stuffed animal if they like. I prefer if they bring their own books rather that use the ones from the class library only because they end up getting up and down trying to switch books and don’t get much rest… thank you in advance!
The students are doing very well with snack and lunch, let me know if you have any questions about that. We have NO peanut allergies in my class. The students are welcome to bring peanut products for snacktime.
I will write newsletters every Friday and I will upload them to my blog on the Jamestown School website.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Sincerely,

Mrs. MacIntyre

No comments:

Post a Comment